If you’re shopping for replacement windows, you’re probably looking at a variety of options and that may be overwhelming. When it comes time to contact a replacement window company for your free estimate, you will need to be able to talk about your budget, they type of windows you’re looking for and the features that are important to you. You can count on Hynes Roofing & Siding to listen and help you choose just the right windows.
Types of Replacement Windows
If you are confused by the many window style names, before you contact a replacement window company, learn more about the most common style options.
- Bay or Bow – You may already have a bay or bow window in your home. They’re identified as a space where the windows project out from the rest of the home. The windows in the bay or bow window may include picture windows, casement windows, or single or double hung windows.
- Casement – A window that opens with a hand crank outward from one side. Keep in mind the screen is on the inside of your home with a casement window.
- Sliding – Just like the name implies, a sliding windows slides from side to side much like a sliding door.
- Single Hung – The most common window in homes today is the single hung window and is a window that opens from the bottom up.
- Awning – Similar to a casement window in that a crank opens it and the screen is on the inside, except that hinge is on the top of the window.
- Double Hung – This most popular replacement window is the double hung because it opens from the bottom up and top down and both sashes tilt in for easy cleaning.
Hynes Roofing & Siding Can Help You Choose the Best Window for Your Home
With so many choices, it’s not uncommon for you to wonder which is the best option for your home. We want to be the replacement window company you trust to help you select the best window for your home and budget. Our experts will provide you with a free in-home consultation, clearly answer all your questions and provide you with a free estimate. Call (610) 896-6388 or fill out our contact form for your appointment.